Chess, among other board games, has long been regarded as a game that can have beneficial effects on learning and development, especially when it is played from a young age. Below are some of the most critical benefits that chess can provide to a child:
- Develop analytical, synthetic and decision-making skills, which they can transfer to real life.
- Learn to engage in deep and thorough chess research which will help them build their confidence in their ability to do academic research.
- Help children gain insights into the nature of competition which will help them in any competitive endeavour.
- When youngsters play chess they must call upon higher-order thinking skills, analyse actions and consequences, and visualize future possibilities.
- In countries where chess is offered widely in schools, students exhibit excellence in the ability to recognize complex patterns and consequently excel in maths and science.
Scrabble is quite a simple and an entertaining game and has various advantages for your kids. Few of them are:
- Improves spelling and vocabulary: Scrabble, undoubtedly improves the word spelling of kids. Thereby, many teachers at the school recommend parents to play scrabble with their kids, especially those who are poor at spelling. While playing the game, you can teach the kids the basic rules of spelling a word. They will definitely grasp the word and its spelling quickly. This game will also let your kids know new words and their meanings. While playing the game, if you put a new word on the board, the kids would positively be inquisitive about knowing its meaning and for sure will remember the word for the next time. This way, they will increase their vocabulary too.
- Lets your kids be creative: The brilliant game of scrabble allows the kids to use their own creativity to make new words from the letters provided. While playing the game, they are forced to creatively think of a fun and unique word than the ones already on the board, in order to score good and more than the other players. Some kids also show a smart move by using their tiles to make new words in some specific area on the board to attain more points.
- Improves mathematical skills: Along with improving the English skills, the scrabble also teaches the kids basic maths skills. Since each tile of the letters used in the game carries specific points, the kids would have to multiply those points with the value given to the box. In short, the kids would have to apply addition and multiplication methods after creating every word on the board. This calculation would improve their mathematical skills.
- Entertains the kids: Besides improving the vocabulary and mathematical skills of the kids, scrabble also offers entertaining time to the entire family. Spending a happy time, full of laughter and fun and of course free of stress will help the kids as well as adults to build stronger immune systems.
Every indoor game has its own peculiarity and how it benefits the young mind.